Tuesday, April 14, 2009

April 14, 2009 - Well, guess I don't know much else

Hey there, hi there and hello there all.  It's been a bitter/sweet last week and a half.  Although I had a blast at work and time spent with Jenny and her family, it was an Easter in which I had to say goodbye for the last time to my Grandma Naber.  
I know it's been difficult for the family over the last six months since the stroke because she has just not been herself, but Grandma, like she instilled in her children and grandchildren, never gave up.  We celebrated her amazing life this last weekend in Manchester, and as I said in the liturgy and so many friends and family said, she will be remembered for so many things.  To me, she will be remembered for her warmth, her strength and her sweetness.  I know she no longer needs to struggle and I hope my family realizes the kind of impact she has made on every one's lives, because it truly is special.  Your smile will never be forgotten Grandma!
Work last week went by quite quickly as it was a short week with Good Friday.  I worked a bit on my Six Sigma project and had some pals start some tracking for analysis on it this week.  Projects are continuing to go strong and everyone is pulling a great bit of their weight, which is amazing!  Haleigh came back the beginning of this week, so of course we had to decorate her cube and welcome her back in style ... hope she enjoyed it.
The volunteer action continued as well.  I helped a class out at CSU with their interviewing skills for a couple hours on Monday and then went to do a recap with the CSU SIFE team to see how we can move forward.  I think I'm their only Business Advisory Board member as of right now, so I'm working on getting some other great folks in on the action as well.  We had a big meeting for the YP gala/extravaganza and planning this event has been absolutely ridiculous.  
It's very hard to cut through all of the red tape at the Chamber and no matter the date we set, someone decides it's not good for them.  No more planning big events for me, this will be my first and final indeed.  We have a Heroes Read meeting tomorrow for that medium sized event, which is going more smoothly!  Hopefully this week I'll get to see my kids on the soccer team since it's been about 3 weeks since all of the rain has kept us off the field, keep your fingers crossed for that too.
This last weekend I also had a great fun spending time with Jenny and her family in Minnesota. I met up with them on 
Friday and Saturday we all ventured to IKEA (if you haven't gone, you should go!) and then to the Mall of America.  
After lots of shopping (and a picture with the Mac & Cheese guy), we all got together for a good time at the Target Center to watch Shaq-Daddy and his Phoenix Suns put a whooping on the Minnesota Timberwolves.  It was a wonderful time, and I really wish Jenny's sister Boo-Bear was feeling better, but we'll hang out next time!  Thanks Bridgewaters for a great weekend, I really enjoyed it!

The house hunt is hopefully over by 6pm tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed for my offer that I made this evening on 605 Sonoma Court.  
A 3 bed/2 bath 1,677 sq/ft ranch in North Columbus.  It's only about 3 years old as a foreclosure, so it's a great deal.  A few things need some TLC, but it's a great location and wonderful home ... so we'll see:)
As Grandma Naber used to say, "Well, guess I don't know much else."  Until next time, have a great week!
Alwayz, 
Nate
PS, I can't wait to have my best friend Ryan and his wife Jenna join me this weekend for some good times in Columbus and Atlanta!

No comments: