Sunday, March 14, 2010

March 14, 2010 - Relaxation

Hey there, hi there and hello there to all you St. Patty's Day celebrators! Another wonderful week in the neighborhood as I'm finishing up Spring Break ... apparently Aflac didn't get the memo I was on break though because I still had to go to work:)
It was quite the productive week again at Aflac, wonderful fun indeed! I know I've chatted a little bit about the blog I maintain at work, so here it is ... the Duck Pond (http://lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/Social-CRM-Excellence-Awards/Best-New-Community-Aflac-Duck-Pond/idi-p/5338). I submitted this for a Best New Community Award, so feel free to go out there and vote with some kudos if you like:) This was also mid-year performance appraisal week where I was able to take some 1 on 1 time with each of the team members ... they are all awesome, gotta love going to work with them! O yes, and how could I forget the pictures I submitted to the Aflac yearbook. They wanted pictures from the high school days, so Jenny and I spent a good few hours reminiscing through the old yearbooks and these images are what I could come up with ... hilarious and embarrassment all in one ... how did you let me out of the house like this folks?!
You know what, this spring break was just amazingly relaxing. Besides the fact that I worked all week, I came home and didn't do a darn thing ... and it felt great. It was fun to just hang out with Jenny and Caden where we took many a walk and lots of delicious home made food was had.
Friday we got together with some folks for a cheerful night of catfish at Ezells, mmm mmm good! A bunch of us then went out to No Shame Theater, an amateur open mic night where 15 performers are given up to 5 minutes to do whatever they want on stage. So much talent and comedy, great way to spend $5! Then Saturday we helped the Columbus Cottonmouths try and break a Guinness World Record by participating in one of the largest musical ensembles at the hockey game. We were about 500 kazoos short, but it was a great game with good friends.
Back to school this week and apparently Jenny is going with some friends to Savannah for St. Patty's Day, wish I had Wednesday through Friday off because that is going to be awesome!
Welp, not too much else going on during this week of relaxation. I did find out that my dad and sister are coming down in a month to visit, which makes us quite excited. O ya, then I saw my mom on national TV with her aha moment commercial (http://www.ahamoment.com/pg/moments/view/5904), good work ma!
So during this week of relaxation, I figured I would share this morsel ... "We have to fight them daily, like fleas, those many small worries about the morrow, for they sap our energies." ~Etty Hellesum. Don't let the daily worries bring you down, because life is too good to not live it with full-on energy. Hope you all have a great week:)
Alwayz,
Nate

1 comment:

Patti said...

For the record 1) we tried to stop you from wearing your shirts inside out your entire senior year (I think you did it to win a $5 bet from a "friend") and 2) the bowl-cut haircut was your idea, not mine.
Love, Mom