Sunday, January 25, 2009

January 25, 2009 - Another day in the neighborhood

Hey there, hi there and hello there everyone. It's only been a few days since my last blogging action, so this may be a bit of a shorty. A big congrats goes out to Miss Georgia, Chasity Hardman, for her 1st runner-up finish at the Miss America Pageant. I'm still trying to figure out how I got roped into being on the Miss Georgia Board, but I tell you what, watching those ladies last night blew me away with their talent ... I've only sounded that good about once this year after a glass of apple juice in the shower!
Aflac was pretty fun this week as I was able to work with the team to create our strategic 5 year plan for Policy Service ... sounds pretty impressive I think, but we basically put a bunch of ideas on paper with colorful stick figure flow chart pictures:) I even was able to present it to our Vice President on Friday, now that we got the ok ... all that has to be done is what we said we're going to do ... wow, that's a lot!

I had a few YP meetings this week, including a great meeting with the Columbus and the Valley folks. We're trying to create a partnership with them in order to get some more Gen Y articles and contributors to the local magazine, so hopefully we will know a bit more by the end of this week. We also had our first YP event this week which was a networking eve at the new establishment in town, Flip Flops ... they had some great water!

I did get to see my pal Chris Graham perform Hamlet at the Springer Opera House on Friday and hang out with some folks. This weekend though, was amazing ... I didn't do a dang thing! I'm pretty sure I laid on the couch for at least 20 hours this weekend, and wouldn't have gotten up if it wasn't for a visit to church and some grocery shopping action. I did pick up a web-cam to try and see how my little sister is doing over the pond. Now I just have to figure out how to use it:)

I hope all continue to start 2009 off well, and until next time ... don't worry, be happy:)

Alwayz,

Nate

No comments: