Sunday, December 13, 2009

December 13, 2009 - Thanks for the memories Grandpa

Hey there, hi there and hello there to one and all. The hardest thing isn't always saying goodbye, but realizing that the sorrow we have shouldn't be so, rather it should be joy in knowing that the ones we love are in a better place where they aren't in pain and their worries are taken away. Grandpa, you gave us all the most amazing memories from words of advice to those of encouragement. You instilled in us discipline and a work ethic that anyone looking at the Klein family can see. You gave us all these things without expecting a thing in return except hard work and our best effort, whether your kids or grand kids. I can't thank you enough for everything, but most importantly, our Dad and an amazing group of people we call family ... without you, none of us would be here today!
Aflac went pretty darn well this week, mostly because of the great team I've got around me. It's not as crazy around the holidays with so many people out, but it's good to catch up on some projects and get prepared for the new year. I gave some updates on retention initiatives we have going on in addition to helping validate our new www.Aflac.com redesign, you should check it out ... pretty sweet I must say! Our team also started a canned food drive this week with the Policy Service department, I can't wait to see what we can bring in:)
Emory wrapped up this week with my final first semester final on Wednesday, what an exhilarating feeling indeed. I felt pretty good about my first semester. I've learned so much and have been able to apply it to the Duck. Additionally, I have met some pretty amazing classmates along the way and felt good about being able to contribute to class discussions. Since Emory thinks they have to be different, we don't get letter grades, rather distinctions. It starts at the top with DS (Distinction), HP (High Performer), PS (Performance Standard) and LP (Low Performer). Knowing what I'd have to give up to sustain top marks in every class, I made it a goal of mine to go for PS and HPs from time to time, but it looks like Econ must've been my subject as I pulled out a DS and an HP in Decision Analysis. Next semester I'll start up in a Finance course as well as Marketing, should be pretty exciting indeed.
Well, I suppose I should go finalize my flight plans back home to say farewell, make some meatloaf and play with the dog. I'm looking forward to seeing family and friends this week back home to celebrate Grandpa's life and how he helped shape us all. Thanks again and have a wonderful rest of the weekend.
Alwayz,
Nate

No comments: