Sunday, August 12, 2007

Week 2 - Work has begun


Hey there, hi there and hello there. Another week is now in the books, my first full week in the real world...not as bad as it's all cracked up to be.

I started my two month rotation this week in Support Services downtown Columbus, and everyone I have me thus far has been very welcoming and kind. I hope that I am able to take on some projects and leave my mark before I have to leave in a couple of months.

I decided to break out of my shell a bit (I know, hard to believe) and get involved. I joined a bowling league, Toastmasters and still may join a tennis and/or soccer league by weeks end. Should be a great way to meet some new people and network within the company.

This weekend I also went through a volunteer orientation with Hands on the Valley, a volunteer matching group similar to CorridorVolunteers.org back home at United Way. I really hope to get quite involved there and maybe even help to create some financial literacy initiatives with some of the other SIFE Analyst.

Went and checked out the Columbus Museum, which was quite nice, and then had my first rollerblading experience along the Chattahoochee River...very nice.

The apartment is starting to all come together and feel like a real bachelor pad!

Well, I start New Employee Orientation this week, so that should be exciting. Until next time...live life!

Alwayz~

Nate Klein

No comments: