Sunday, August 26, 2007

Week 4 - The train is movin...


Hey there, hi there and hello there. I hope life is well with all. I'm just down here livin' the dream! It was another hot week down in the South, but I have to say, it's gorgeous. I've been able to hang out at the pool quite a bit lately which has been very refreshing.
Work has been picking up lately at the ol' Aflac. I was able to complete the entire budget roll-up for the department I'm in and help to present it to my boss. He seemed like he has appreciated what I've been doing, but I can't take it for granted. I've got a couple big projects now that he is entrusting me with, so I guess the train is starting to pick up some speed. Everyone is still being very helpful, and it's been great to meet new people everyday!

I attended my first Toastmasters meeting this week, which is some sort of club to help people with their public speaking skills. I'm hoping to get into some competitive speeches and contribute more to that club in the future. We also had Diversity Day this week, which was an amazing experience to see the value that Aflac puts on diversity and how it contributes to our culture.

This was also week 1 of the bowling league...wow, that's gonna be a great time. I've got a pretty fun team, and of course I now have some sweet bowling shoes to wear around! I also got some new rollerblading wheels...and I hope you got a big trunk, because I'm puttin' my new bike in it!
Got to hang out with the SIFErs again on Friday night and head out on the town to Knockin' Boots...wow, country...yikes! Saturday I helped dig some holes for a fence at the Ronald McDonald House which should be a pretty cool project that I hope to help out with more in the future. Went to Bourne Ultimatum and some food at Cheddars...mmm monte cristo/heart attack on a plate!
It's been another great week, and next week looks to be the same. I hope everyone has a fantacular week and I'll check in again next weekend.

1 comment:

Patti said...

Mark the calendar - this is the first blog I've ever seen. Yes, I'm officially old and behind the times. Speaking of which, in the old days we called this a diary. Thanks for letting me take a peak and getting me up to speed on what's hip. Have a good one. Love, Your Mother