Sunday, January 20, 2008

Week 25 - Wondermous winterness


Hey there, hi there and hello there all. It seems like it's been a reoccurring theme here the last few weeks, but this was another great one:) Even though it's dipping down to Iowa weather, it's still about 30 degrees warmer than back home...plus we even had some snow up in Hotlanta.

I never thought I would enjoy my last rotation as much as I did, but the Compliance department was quite a good time. The leadership and analysts in the department were very personable the two weeks I occupied their conference room. It was very interesting to learn about the advertising and editorial aspects of the compliance department and how they tie in to the commercials, printed materials and other aspects of the company. I was able to assist in some market conduct research and learn a lot over the last couple of weeks. I also had an odd opportunity come up where I was able to work with Bob Ottman (my boss-man) to make a wellness video with Mr. Fitnessband...quite hilarious...coming to an intranet near you soon!

At the beginning of the week I was fortunate enough to tag along with some folks from the Columbus Chamber up to the Georgia Chamber Annual Eggs & Issues Breakfast in Atlanta (Omni Hotel view pictured above...berry nice). I was able to hear the president of the National Chamber, Tom Donahue, and meet some influential folks...lots of hob-nobbing:) We hung out in Atlanta for the evening and then was able to listen to Gov. Perdue, the Lt. Gov. and the Georgia Speaker of the House which were all very interesting as they began their '08 sessions.

Had another fun week of volunteering as well with the third Lasseter Academy lesson. I brought the students together for a goal-making session and connected really well with a few of them, so it was very beneficial. We also got the SIFE group together on Saturday to make a bunch of blankets for the elderly in honor of MLK Jr. Day. While there, the Hands on the Valley folks asked if I would be on their advisory council...I'm still working on saying no, didn't seem to work that time;)

I'm in the middle of watching the Packers stick it to the Giants and hope they can finish out the game. It's been a pretty exciting day, and it's just beginning. I have my first non-family visitor flying down by the seat of her pants;) Jenny gets in late tonight and I'm really looking forward to hanging out and getting to know her better over the next few days. I don't know what it is about her, but I know we're going to have some good times...I'll let you know how it goes next weekend:)

Until next time, hope you all have wonderful days ahead of you! See you soon.

Alwayz

Nate

No comments: