Sunday, January 6, 2008

Week 23 - Happy New Year Indeed!


Hey there, hi there and hello there folks...hope the holiday season ended well and the New Year has started off with a bang! Want to first wish my best friend Ryan Flugum a happy 23rd birthday big boy, just think...only two more years until you get reduced car insurance rates! (pictured to the right with the thumb, yes we enjoy looking like Smurfs;)

Last week was pretty slow at the ol' Aflac, we had people still on vacation and the Product Development department was gearing up for Focus. Friday was my last day there...wish I could've contributed more in that area, but it is what it is. Monday I start my two weeks in Compliance which will be followed by Actuarial...very intriguing. I had a good meeting with HR to talk about the SIFE rotation and grad school stuff. Doesn't look like I'll be getting any Aflac grad school scholarship money like I thought I would when I came down for at least a few years as it is now...guess I'm going to have to do some more thinking about that whole situation, we'll see where it takes me.

Had a great New Years celebration at John's place (Miranda's main squeeze). We had some scrumtrulescent wings, great card games, quarters and I drank an entire 2 litre of Lemonade which put me in a serious sugar high. I think I was hungover the next day from the over 200g of sugar, but it was worth it!

Had a pretty good showing at the ol' bowling alley this week, but we got smoked again...as usual! The Aflac Basketballers finally pulled off win #2 of the season, very exciting:) We had an Iowa-like week worth of weather this past week. It got down to the low 30's in the middle of the week and then today it was back up around 70 today. I took advantage of that nice weather down by the Riverwalk on the ol' Rollerblades...I'm getting that whole stopping thing down so it's a bit more fun!

I've been chatting with that Jenny lady more lately and she decided to go flying by the seat of her pants and book a flight down south in two weeks. I don't know what's going on, but it's pretty fantacular if I do say so myself. We're going to have a pretty awesome time I do believe, so I guess we'll see where this goes:)

Well I hope everyone continues to have a fantastic start to the New Year and until next time, go get em tiger.

Alwayz

Nate

No comments: