Sunday, December 30, 2007

Week 22 - Flyin by the seat of my pants


Hey there, hi there and hello there all you Iowans and Georgians. I know it's been a short week since the last post, so I'll make it brief. I hope everyone is recovering from the holiday celebrations and all of the food and especially getting ready to bring in the New Year!

It was a fairly slow week at work with only three days and pretty much only three people on the 10th floor. We've got some pretty cool cats up there though so I had to do at least one rolly desk chair race around the place to break up the monotony. I was able to continue work on the projects and prepare for the big collaboration presentation in a couple weeks. I only have another week working in Product Development. I really wish I could've contributed more there, but it was a short month and they have Focus coming up this week so it was just a lot of learning to be had!

I got a pretty sweet invite from the Columbus Chamber to join some of their board members and employees at the Georgia Annual Chamber Conference in Atlanta in the middle of January as a young professional representative. I think it'll be a great networking and leadership development event if my good friend Bob can clear it with HR...he's got connections so I think it'll work out. I also got an email from the Literacy Alliance Executive Director and she wants to take some financial literacy lessons that I talked with her about into more schools after discussions she had with the Muscogee Schools Superintendents...which would be pretty awesome! We could be getting some grants for some of the initiatives, so I'll keep you posted.

I kind of flew by the seat of my pants this weekend and booked a flight back to hang with this lady Jenny for a ski trip later in March. Don't know what it is about this cat, but she seems to be a bit captivating to me:)

Don't have much else going on in the ol' Columbus. Looking forward to the New Year and what good fortune it will bring. I hope everyone is able to stick with their resolutions and has a safe/good/hearty time partying like it's 2007!

Until next year, have a great week! Peace out.

Alwayz,

Nate

No comments: