Monday, August 17, 2009

August 17, 2009 - What a fast week!

Hey there, hi there and hello there to you all and a special hello and happy birthday to my step-dad Dan ... hard to believe you just turned 40:) I hope you have an absolutely wonderful birthday and a great week!
It was the last few days of prep work for our execs before they headed off for 2010 business planning, so Monday thru Wednesday of last week were crazy! We were pulling in budget projections, project wish-lists and gathering our various success stories to share. It's been fun being a part of this process, and apparently just because they presented it ... doesn't mean it's over since I have a breakfast meeting at Waffle House this morning:) This week is also the infamous Six Sigma green belt exam, which will be a dooooozy, so we've been studying all the time to cram for the exam ... keep your fingers crossed for me!
Our soccer season ended this week with a farewell and so-long for the next couple of years with school starting up soon. I had my Emory Orientation on Saturday up in Atlanta where I met some fantastic folks and learned about the commitment I have made for the next couple of years. We even had the chance to go to the Alumni House for some after-orientation mingle time, yes, they have a mansion they use as the alumni house. It's going to be an intense couple of years, but it'll be well worth it.
We also had Jenny's sisters Kim and Becca join us this last week as Jenny began her first week of work. Although we didn't get to hang out during the day, we made the most of our evenings with numerous nights out to eat, deep belly laughter, Wii sports games and yes ... Becca and I finally hung up the little chef dudes in the kitchen! It was great to have you ladies, I will have a chat with Mother Nature so next time you get at least one day of sunshine to enjoy the Georgia weather!
This weekend Jenny and I also got back in the volunteering groove by helping out Easter Seals for their Pancake Breakfast. It's an annual tradition that we burn some jacks, drink some juice and enjoy the fellowship at one of the best non-profits in town. I truly enjoy helping those folks out, it's been a pleasure.
Well, I better get off to the Waffle House for some business planning and waffle eating. I hope you all have a great week and happy birthday again Dad, hope it's a great one!
Alwayz,
Nate

No comments: