Sunday, November 1, 2009

November 1, 2009 - Happy Birthday Sis!

Hey there, hi there and hello there to one and all. A special happy anniversary to Dad/Barb tomorrow as well as birthday wishes to Sarah "Sunshine" Jencks and of course, my little sister Steph ... wow, you're getting old!
Aflac was again very busy this week with the elevation of our big project this past weekend. We've had over 400 people sign up for the Duck Pond (yahoo) and of course we've received some positive, and negative feedback ... but constructive feedback nonetheless. Our team is being tasked with more and more items, so hopefully we either get some more resources, or we start to grow a third hand:) I wouldn't have it any other way though, because sitting around twiddling my thumbs is just no fun at all! This week we do get a SIFE Analyst to rotate on the team for the next five months, so I hope Ivy has a good experience and is able to contribute a great deal to the team.
Of course, this was theme week for kickball since it was close to Halloween, so our team chose to be Adam/Eve. Not only did we win the game, we dominated the contest with some great git-ups;) Friday I also dressed up for Halloween as the ShamWOW! guy (pictured above), with the towel and all. Although many asked that I provide a demo, I was not able to fit it in to the day:( Friday night Jenny and I joined some friends for a new thing in Columbus called No Shame Theatre. We packed out the Springer and there were 15 slots for 5 minute skits, anything goes. We saw rhythmic poetry, dance routines, improv, broadway singing and my favorite, hilarious short poems that had me rolling on the ground. It was a great time followed by more fun on Saturday painting with Easter Seals and handing out candy at the house.
Emory is pretty crazy right now with 3 different team projects, so I spent all day today up in Atlanta while Jenny was busy making money to put food on the table. Lots of study time was had, but it was fun to come back and run around with Caden and play fetch:)
I think Jenny and I are both looking forward to the weekend when Kim and Ali will join us for some No Shame Theatre and the Steeplechase at Callaway Gardens ... it's going to be a blast. O ya, and Rio/Josey are getting hitched this weekend, wow!
Hope you all have a fantacular week and please keep Grandpa in the prayers ... he's still got his great humor;) Thanks again for everything everyone.
Alwayz,
Nate

No comments: