Sunday, November 25, 2007

Week 17 - Happy Holidays have Begun!


Hey there, hi there and hello there all! Hope everyone had a very filling and very satisfying turkey day and beginning to the holiday season.

It was another wondermous week in Georgia, maybe because we only had to work 3 days:) Aflac is still going well, challenging, but exciting nonetheless. The big project I've been working on forever finally got signed off on and the vendors are coming in this week to install it...keep your fingers crossed. Just getting geared up on another big cost savings project where I get to help design a new envelope...I know, the smallest things in life excite me;) I only have one more week in my second rotation in Policy Services before I head over to the Tower to join the Product Development Marketing team. I am really looking forward to going over to this department to learn more about the products we offer after being on the production side of things since the beginning.

Started back with the basketball team this week after taking a sabbatical for the whole dislocated shoulder thing (yes mom it's feeling much better:). We are not a fantastic team by any means, but I haven't fouled out yet so I haven't gotten back to true form...I'm working on it. Our soccer team made the playoffs and play this Friday night against the number one team, so that should be a wonderful time.

This was the first Thanksgiving holiday I've spent away from my family which was very strange. I miss them all more than they'll know and I can't wait to see them over Christmas. I did get out and about on turkey day though and went to help out at the local Salvation Army. It was pretty amazing to see the amount of volunteers that turned out to help the cause, we had so many that we had to turn some away. We packed the house with single moms, families and war vets but all seemed to be in good spirits with a full belly. I was able to scoop up the stuffing, ham, turkey and dressing and had a few of them come up and thank us for what we were doing...that is always a fulfilling moment in time when you can see the gratitude on someones face for something you've done. Ruth Smeltzer once said, "You have not lived a perfect day, even though you have earned your money, unless you have done something for someone who will never be able to repay you." I truly believe in what she said, and that day...was near perfect!

I hope all of you back home enjoyed the snow and that everyone had a wonderful holiday. In honor of the family back home, there's a little picture of everyone that I am thankful for: Mom, Dad, Dan, Barb, Nicole, Sarah, Blake and of course my best friend Steph...can't wait to see you for Christmas...love you all!

Peace out

Alwayz

Nate

No comments: