Sunday, March 16, 2008

Week 33 - Yes, I just turned on the AC:)


Hey there, hi there and hello there ... I am still here, despite all of the tornadoes! And yes, it eclipsed 80 degrees this weekend so I broke down and my air conditioning is now on:)
Work went by quite swiftly this week and it was amazing. As you read previously, I got a bit of a late start to the work week due to some wonderful flight escapade on my weekend back in Iowa, but it was right into the grind when I got back. We've begun the launch of our recruitment initiative and are waiting on my good pals from Compliance to approve the website that's been created to finish the first phase ... what a whirlwind. I also had my quarterly SIFE gathering at the River Club with Bob, Jason, Dedra and Mike. It was good to sit down and reflect on the last three rotation and see what everyone else has been up to at the same time. Wednesday I took part in a half day planning session with Sales Promotions which is the department I'm in now. I really haven't done a thing for those folks ... but luckily, I've kept on with other projects. We're having a test run on a cost saving project I've been working on this week and am continuing on with business planning for the privacy project that seems to be an ongoing endeavor.
Had a pretty decent week outside of work, until the weekend soccer came. We played our first co-ed game on Wednesday and won big ... I even had a goal, I know it's hard to fathom! Had a couple good practices with the u10 team throughout the week, but we weren't able to pull it together for Saturday's game where we pretty much got walloped. So, I decided to work a bit with the kids one on one today which was good and I was definitely sun burnt after those festivities. We also had our first 18+ league game where we also got spanked and I got stepped on so my ankle swelled up and was a nice pretty purple:)
Had another session with the kids at the Lasseter Academy and it's really starting to pay off. When I started a few months ago I didn't know if I'd be able to get through to them, but they're really paying attention and I even had one guy that never seems to pay attention stay after because what I was talking about interested him so much ... it was another one of those aha moments where you realize that at times you know that if you can make a difference in one person's life for one moment then it's been a good day.
Well it's that time of day again to say farewell. I want to wish a happy birthday to the Chad and also a very good luck to my ol' MMC SIFE team up at Regionals in Minneapolis! I know you guys have done great things and will be wonderful no matter what. I hope Jaynr and Sarah had/are having a fantastic time in Mexico with their project and to the rest of the team and the advisers ... go get em tiger:)
Next week's blog will be a bit delayed as I will be hanging out in Cancun with the fam and having wonderful times no doubt about it! The picture above is the epitome of my morsel of knowledge for the week by Dave Berry, "You can only be young once. But you can always be immature." Keep livin' the dream;)
Alwayz, Nate

No comments: