Sunday, February 28, 2010

February 28, 2010 - Two months down ... ten to go!

Hey there, hi there and hello there. Well here it is, the end of another month ... almost one quarter of the way done with 2010 and just finishing up watching the Vancouver Olympics, way to go USA! A special happy birthday to my buddy Jason, even though his birthday is February 29th so it doesn't really count until a leap year:)
Just found out I'm going to have a new boss at Aflac this past week and learned a very valuable communication lesson ... the grape vine should not travel faster than news from leadership when big things change as many more questions are asked than those that are answered:) We had a pretty intense week at work this week as everyone is analyzing their workload and trying to determine the priority activities moving forward to the final month of the quarter. I personally had a pretty productive week I do believe submitting two executive proposals for big projects and continuing the book club I started with my team members. I think I can already see a change in behaviors as we focus on the book, "Bringing out the best in people," by Aubrey Daniels. It should be a pretty interesting ride to see the different perceptions at the various levels in the organization.
This week also marked the annual Literacy Alliance Trivia Bee which is our big FUNdraiser each year. This year's event brought in more than $13,000 to support literacy programs in the Valley and we had a great time to boot! I also had a couple transition meetings for the Miss Georgia program, yes, I am getting that one off my plate somehow ... and, I met with the Live United Youth Camp crew to start the planning for the 2010 youth volunteer camp. They asked me if I was still interested and I will have to say that I don't know of another thing that I've done down here that has had a bigger impact on my life and the lives of those around ... of course I'm in for another year.
A relaxing weekend was just in the cards as I finished up mid-terms at Emory this week. It was a big sigh of relief to be done with the Financial Accounting final and then meet with my amazing group today to start on some coursework. This weekend was fun hanging out with friends, celebrating promotions, kind-of birthdays and just relaxing with Jenny and the dog. I hope these weekends continue as they are rejuvenating indeed. Welp, I hope you all had great weekends as well including sporting events with Steph and Blake. Best wishes for a wonderful week ahead:)
Alwayz,
Nate

No comments: