Sunday, February 7, 2010

February 7, 2010 - Another week in the neighborhood

Hey there, hi there and hello there. It's about an hour before the Super Bowl and the neighbors are on the way to hang out with Caden and I, so this might be a short one so I can get ready for the commercials and the Who Dat nation Saints ... I'm calling e-Trade commercial being the winner! O yes, a happy birthday out to cousin Katie during this week leading up to Valentine's Day.
Aflac went pretty well this week as we continue to shape our 2010 projects and even start to plan for 2011. It's pretty exciting working on the future state team even though we do get caught up in some fire fights at times. Some of the analysts on the team are starting to break out a bit more while still others are getting their heads around how to take the lead. I had a great catch up with Bob, one of my mentors last week. He always helps to put things into perspective for me during crazy times. This week should be fun as we have our state of the company meeting and a day long leadership retreat on Thursday.
I have to admit, school is going very well so far this semester. This Financial Accounting is coming back to me, thanks MMC accounting professors for the foundation! Marketing Management continues to be pretty darn exciting indeed, Chip is one crazy professor but I am learning a lot. Keep your fingers crossed that I get to go to China this year for an Emory class as this past week I made the waiting list ... forgot how bad it stinks to be an "underclassmen:)"
I've caught this dang YouTube craze, so I dove into the way-back photo files to document my European travels for your viewing pleasure. I know it was back in 2006, but the memories of the Eiffel Tower, the Sistine Chapel, the Red Light District and Running with the Bulls in Pamplona seem like it was just yesterday ... hope you enjoy!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv4tAeX5ZjE
Well, I know you all are ready to go watch this game ... I hope it's a good one and that the Who Dat nation comes out on top. How amazing would it be for the city of New Orleans if they come through? I can only imagine!!!
Alwayz,
Nate

No comments: