Sunday, September 9, 2007

Week 6 - Fantasticness!


Hey there, hi there and hello there again. I hope all has been well for everyone this past shortened work-week. I knew it would be hard to follow a long weekend, but this week was amazing!

Work is really starting to pick up at the ol' Aflac, and I think I'm really starting to get into the swing of it with some big projects. The two big projects I've been working on are starting to come together. I was able to do a presentation for our VP, which went quite well...didn't fumble around with it too much, so that was pretty cool. Hung out a bit more with the SIFErs at work and met one of the new rookies...I think we have a pretty cool crew of SIFE Analyst that came in and I'm looking forward to getting to know them.

Also had my first meeting with the Literacy Alliance to talk about some MMC SIFE projects (I know, I should grow up eh:) that I could do down here, so she invited me to her Board of Directors meeting...should be a good time!

Had bowling yet again this week, and let's just say it was a little sketchy for myself...but Spare Us came away with the victory yet again! This was also the first week my soccer team Victorious Secret...hilarious. Got the start at stopper and did the shimmy a couple of times with success, which is always fun. We have a pretty good team and we won our first match 5-3 under the lights...looking forward to the rest of the season.

My folks and little bro came down on Thursday night, so I decided to give them a little taste of Georgia with my first peach cobbler from scratch...and no one got sick, so it was a success! They came late Thursday night to stay with me, and got to meet my boss for lunch and some fellow SIFErs for brunch on Saturday. We had a great day on Saturday when we went to Callaway Gardens; that place is gorgeous and the beach was fantastic. We went to the butterfly conservatory, where I had a little butterfly friend land on my shoulder! We spent a lot of time at the pool relaxing and catching up, then had a wonderful din din at Carraba's.

After dinner, went to get some new dishes and the parental units thought it would be funny to not only break two plates at Pier One, but then come back and guarantee that the plates I had would not break...don't worry, it did all over the floor!

Sunday was a nice walk down the Riverwalk along the Hooch and some tennis with Blaker, but then they were off too soon...it was a great weekend!

Looking forward to having some more folks come down to the south, it's fun stuff!

Big gulps huh, welp, see ya next week.

Alwayz

Nate

1 comment:

Patti said...

Nate really is the host with the most:) He has a very nice place to hang out and Columbus is a fun, clean city with a lot to do...and many good places to eat, and eat, and eat. We had such a very good time - including breaking in the home, by breaking dishes (is it suppose to be breaking bread??) We look forward to another fam trip in January/February. Hopefully next time with Steph in tow, as well. Nate's Mom