Sunday, September 16, 2007

Week 7 - Out and about...and again


Hey there, hi there and hello there. This by far had to be the week that has gone by the quickest of any since I've been here...but it was amazing!

Work is getting pretty exciting now that I'm learning the ropes and taking on the projects. It's been challenging to bring together people for the projects I'm working on, but I've found that all the information I would ever need for anything I want is only a phone call away...now I just need to bring it all together to make it work. Had a great goal-planning session with some folks, learning more and more about budget and working to push through these projects before I go to my next department. I'm really stoked about a big SIFE meeting I'm working to set-up with the other SIFE Analyst...I think we have the potential to do some great things for the community. We had a great little new SIFEr gathering at the Chattahoochee River Club where we met some HR folks and had good times eating delicious food!

I was fortunate to be able to do a couple really cool volunteer activities this week starting with a tribute event for 9/11 at CSU where we handed out flags to the attendees for a rememberance vigil with a cool helicopter fly-over. Then, this weekend I ventured up to Atlanta with some Aflac people to go to the cancer center and play BINGO. I met a little 2 year old named Abbey with her family and I helped win them some pretty cool prizes and played catch for some fun!

The weekend was the best yet with some pool playing action on Thursday and then two nights of amazingness! Friday was the Decade Party at the Columbus Museum where Mike, Mr. Ed and myself took on the Anchorman/70's look with amazing suits from Goodwill. We turned quite a few heads at the party with our skills, my short tie and shants...but even more heads when we stayed in costume and went out on the town...wow! I think we had some fans that were taking pictures of us and then we owned the dance floor, it was spectacular. Saturday was a great SIFE gathering and a see-ya-later party for Tom before he goes to Hawaii for the military...he will be missed!

The weather is beautiful and the pool has been great, but the bed is calling my name here pretty soon. Another great week down, and a fun week ahead...I can't wait! Until next time, you stay classy world!

Alwayz~

Nate

No comments: